5 Things You Need to Know if You’ve Been in a Motorcycle Accident
Have you been in a recent motorcycle accident? If so, there are a few things you need to know.
5 Things You Need to Know if You’ve Been in a Motorcycle Accident:
1. Most Motorcycle Accidents Result in Injury: In motorcycle accidents, the chances of personal injury are quite high. There is a 98% chance of personal injury in most motorcycle accidents.
2. Injuries Are Often on the Lower Body: About 50% of injuries in motorcycle accidents affect the legs, knees, or feet of the motorcyclist. (Due to the way they land and the fact that many drivers are still on their motorcycle).
3. Severity of Injuries Increase with Obvious Catalysts: The severity of injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident increase significantly alongside increased speed, the involvement of alcohol, and the size of the motorcycle.
4. A Significant Number of Motorcycle Accidents Occur at Intersections: More than half of motorcycle to vehicle accidents occur at intersections. When motorcycle to car accidents occur, it’s usually because there’s so much going on: around the drivers, around their vehicles, and at the light. Thus, the driver may not see the vehicle approaching (or the car may not see the motorcycle approaching).
5. Helmets Reduce Chances of Death: While motorcyclists may not be required to wear a helmet by law, it’s essential to be aware that a motorcycle helmet does reduce the chances of death. It’s also important to consider that while it may not be legally required, the insurance company considering a personal injury claim will ask questions about the details surrounding the accident. And the first question they will ask is whether or not the motorcyclist was wearing a helmet.
Should You Hire an Attorney After a Texas Motorcycle Accident?
A motorcycle crash is potentially devastating and can cause you, and other parties involved significant injury. There are many potential causes of a motorcycle crash, so it is a good idea to contact a personal injury attorney with experiencing handling motorcycle accident injury claims as soon as you can after the incident. An experienced attorney can handle your motorcycle accident injury case in your best interest by reviewing the incident and the facts related to the accident.
If you need help recovering damages after a motorcycle accident, you can turn to Hudson Law Firm for experienced and knowledgeable Carrollton personal injury attorneys. We put Personal back into Personal Injury Law.